Saturday, October 13, 2007











BLACK COLUMBIA PROFESSOR REACTS TO NOOSE: Woman wants perpetrator to know she 'will not be silenced.'
credits: eurweb.com, google images

A rally was held Wednesday at Columbia University to protest the discovery of a noose on the office door of an African-American professor.

The target, Madonna Constantine, 44, is a professor of psychology and education at Columbia's Teachers College, where the noose was found Tuesday hanging from her office door knob. She co-wrote the book "Addressing Racism: Facilitating Cultural Competence in Mental Health and Educational Settings."

Constantine issued a statement saying, "I am upset that the Teachers College community has been exposed to such an unbelievably vile incident, and I would like us to stay strong in the face of such a blatant act of racism. Hanging the noose on my office door reeks of cowardice and fear on many levels. I want the perpetrator to know that I will not be silenced."

The New York Police Department is investigating the matter as a hate crime, reports CNN.
The building, which is open 24 hours a day, is accessible only to those with a Teachers College ID card or other credentials. No arrests have been made and no suspects have been identified, police said.

University President Lee Bollinger denounced the incident in a statement sent out to the Columbia University community: "Tolerance and mutual respect are among the core values of our diverse community, and all of us must confront acts of hate whenever they occur within it. As I said last night, an attack on the dignity of any member of our community is an assault on all of us."

*******
Who's surprised at this post? I mean, whenever one person commits a racial crime, copycats come out of the woodwork.
Professor Madonna said exactly what I was feeling...they're cowards.
And since they're cowards, I will not post too much cuz I don't want them to get any glory.
noose+anonymous+copycat+stupidity=COWARD
*Note to cowardly bigot-GET A LIFE!
You Better Recognize!
Ivent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)