Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Well, I'll be doggone!

FUGITIVE WANTS TO SURRENDER THROUGH AL SHARPTON: Rev says he's been contacted by people in touch with NJ escapee Otis Blunt.


*Over the weekend, Rev. Al Sharpton announced that he has agreed to help arrange the surrender of Otis Blunt, one of two fugitives who escaped from New Jersey's Union County Jail on Dec. 15.

(Al Sharpton, b'low)


"I have been contacted by people that have told me they have been in direct contact" with Blunt, Sharpton said in a statement released Sunday. "I have been asked by them to help facilitate his safe surrender."

As of Monday evening, Blunt was still at large and Sharpton was still attempting to assist his return to police custody.

"I have been in touch all day with staff members of National Action Network who are traveling in regard to the request made by fugitive Otis Blunt that he would like to surrender himself," Sharpton said in a statement Monday. "I have also had our General Counsel speak to law enforcement in New Jersey and have spoken to other appropriate officials. I am prepared to move within the next 24-48 hours to personally see if I can physically facilitate Mr. Blunt's request."

Blunt, 32, and fellow escapee Jose Espinosa, 20, made national headlines when they managed an escape that resembled the breakout in Morgan Freeman's 1994 classic "Shawshank Redemption." The two used posters of naked women to hide a huge hole they created to escape.

In a note left behind for one of the prison guards, the pair wrote: "Thank you officer [name undisclosed] for the tools needed, you're a real pal, Happy Holidays," - signed [smiley face].

The duo was featured on Saturday's edition of "America's Most Wanted." The prison guard mocked by Blunt and Espinosa committed suicide last week. source

***
Look at Al!
Now the people trust him...do i remember a time...
I hope Al Sharpton has a banner year (or better) like last year.
He really proved himself (to me)


**scroll to the bottom and get Recognizd! Sign my "Slide Guestbook!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)