Sunday, February 10, 2008

And Speaking of Frances Bean...


Who'da thunk it- after making a brief reference to Frances Bean Cobain a couple of posts back, I'd discover on People.com there is an article featuring her. I know it's a natural inclination to believe that since both of her parents are/were singers...she would sing to. I had not given it any thought. Not only does she sing, but baby Cobain is heading for the stage, read on:

Frances Bean Cobain: 'I'm Not My Parents'

Clay Aiken, move over. There's a new Broadway baby on the horizon.

Frances Bean Cobain, 15, the daughter of Courtney Love and late grunge legend Kurt Cobain, is headlining as the star of Evita, Grease and Beauty and the Beast – all for a fashion spread in the March issue of Harper's Bazaar.

Still, the backdrops are appropriate, says her mother. "Frances grew up on musicals. I think musicals comfort her," Love, 43, tells the magazine. "She's a gay man trapped in a woman's body, like me."

The beautiful brunette also has a head on her young shoulders, aware that most interest in her stems mainly from her lineage. "I get it, I really do," she says, "but at the same time it's creepy."

"These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything," she says. "If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents."

Without dismissing the accomplishments of her folks (her father was dead before she was 2), Cobain advises, "People need to wait until I've done something valid with my life."

Career Ambitions
As for what that will be – Broadway dreams and admiration for Dita Von Teese's style, notwithstanding – she's thought about photography and/or journalism (there may be a summer internship at Rolling Stone).

Even so, 'I'm taking my time," she says. "But I get asked what I want to do all the time because of my parents, because of the life I live."

And while she gets along with her mom, despite the occasional typical clash, Cobain sings praises of her paternal grandmother, who lives in Olympia, Washington. The teen calls her "the most constant thing I've ever had. I'm really lucky because I've been able to go places and meet people you can only dream of, but she's probably the person I respect most out of anybody in the world."

****
Considering Frances' lineage, she has her head screwed on real tight. I hope and pray it stays that way esp as she forages her way thru those nasty 20's! There aren't enough diamonds in Fort Knox to make go thru that decade again.
I can't wait to hear her sing, and it's def important that she creates her own identity and not give in to what Cobain fanatics deem as her identity.
I wish her the best, and one thing I'll confirm as most of you will-
Besides God Almighty-there's NO GREATER LOVE than that of a grandmother!
Their prayers have kept us hidden from many a dangers!

God bless our grandmothers!


**scroll to the bottom and get Recognizd! Sign my "Slide Guestbook!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)