Wednesday, February 20, 2008

She Should've Kept Quiet....


Steven Kazmierczak had been taking three drugs prescribed for him by his psychiatrist, the Northern Illinois University gunman's girlfriend told CNN.


Jessica Baty said Steven Kazmierczak was irritable but not erratic before his shooting rampage.


Jessica Baty said Tuesday that her boyfriend of two years had been taking Xanax, used to treat anxiety, and Ambien, a sleep agent, as well as the antidepressant Prozac.

Baty said the psychiatrist prescribed the medications, a fact that made her so "nervous" that she tried to persuade Kazmierczak to stop taking one of the drugs.

She said he had stopped taking the antidepressant three weeks before the Valentine's Day rampage on the NIU campus in DeKalb, Illinois, which left five students dead and 16 wounded. He then killed himself.

In an exclusive interview with CNN Sunday, Baty said Kazmierczak had been taking the anti-depressant for obsessive-compulsive tendencies and anxiety caused by school pressures.

(Steven K, in 8th grade)


She told CNN that, during their two-year courtship, she had never seen him display violent tendencies and she expressed bewilderment over the cause of the rampage.
To See Video clickVideo Watch where Kazmierczak turned for gun advice
"He was anything but a monster," Baty said. "He was probably the nicest, most caring person ever."

Kazmierczak told her he had stopped taking the anti-depressant "because it made him feel like a zombie," she said during the interview Sunday at her parents' house in Wonder Lake, Illinois. "He wasn't acting erratic. He was just a little quicker to get annoyed."Video Watch girlfriend remember NIU shooter »

She said he had also had problems sleeping.

In her second conversation with CNN, on Tuesday, Baty said Kazmierczak began seeing the psychiatrist shortly after they transferred from NIU to the University of Illinois in Champaign in
A psychiatrist not familiar with the details of the case said the three-drug combination was not necessarily either unusual or dangerous.

"It's not terribly unusual to prescribe all three," said Dr. Nada Stotland, professor of psychiatry at Rush Medical College in Chicago and president-elect of the American Psychiatric Association.

Xanax typically has a sedating, calming effect on users, she said.

"If you take a lot of that class of medication, you can be sort of like somebody who is drunk, out of it, but not violent," she said.

A person who had stopped taking it might feel anxious and edgy, she said.

And Ambien is commonly prescribed to overcome sleeping difficulties sometimes attributed to Prozac, she said.

Baty also said that Kazmierczak had been on the computer recently, but she did not know what he was doing and did not ask.

"He was being secretive with his computer," Baty said. "When he would sit on the couch with his laptop he would turn it away from me so I couldn't see what he was looking at."

Baty added that she found Kazmierczak's bank statement on Tuesday, when she returned to their apartment complex for the first time since the shootings.

"He made a big purchase at an ammo store for $143 and some change," Baty said, adding that she thinks he purchased the ammunition at an online store, but she did not know the name or location.

She said he also had made credit card payments and paid the electric bill for their apartment.

Baty disagreed with a report in the Chicago Tribune that said she had given police a different account about Kazmierczak's last days than she gave to CNN.

NIU Police Chief Donald Grady said Baty's statements to CNN contradicted statements she had given to police that her former boyfriend had indeed acted erratically after going off his medication.

"I suppose you could call that being uncooperative," said Grady.

Baty said the comment "upset" her.
advertisement

"I don't think I ever said he (Kazmierczak) was acting erratic," she told CNN. "If I did, I didn't mean to be contradictory. He was just a little more irritable."

She said she has spoken with DeKalb police every day since the shooting. source
****
This'll most likely be the last post on this story...this is sad, but I think she needs to hush talking about her bf. He's not here...she hasn't a clue as to what was in his head b4 he nutted up at NIU.
U don't want to be misconstrued, misquoted etc...hush.
Stop talking to the media, and mourn.
Remember him as u knew last saw him (hopefully it was a pleasant xperience), pray for the victims and hush.
Regarding his drugs...*sigh*
I'm so disgusted with America and her GREED.
Pharmaceutical companies are sooo quick to release drugs with horrific side effects.
Dr's are paid to keep patients sick and not heal.
which in turn leads the patients to the pharmacy.
Americans are being used as guinea pigs with out permission.
I can't remember if I talked about this but last month I believe it was, I went to the dr bcuz I had a burning sensation in my neck.
Ok not a prob...not really.
I made an appointment asap...but MY dr., wasn't in.
No problem...or so I thought.
Anyhooooo, i tell this woman about the pain I had on the inside of my neck...a burning sensation.
She looks at me intently...and I'm thinking "wow, she's really listening to me."
Or so I thought.
After I discontinued talking...gf dug in her pocket..took out a script pad and began to write out a prescription for me.
Did u notice, that I did not mention ANYTHING about her examining me, or administering to me any tests??
She asked if I was under stress?
If I was not at a dr's office in the suburbs-I would've thumped her on the forehead, the way u do cantaloupes for ripeness.
Isn't that a stupid question? I know she saw the gray hair on my head.
but most importantly:
WHO IN THE WORLD ISN'T UNDER SOME KIND OF STRESS?!
I asked her what was she doing?
Her reply...she was going to prescribe a muscle relaxer.
How can she prescribe something when there's no diagnosis??
I slid off the side of the table and told her I'm cool...I'll wait for my reg Dr.
I informed her...about the exorbitant statistics on prescription drug abuse and how she's contributing towards it. thanks, but no thanks...I stay in pain.
And I left.
Those drugs dr's are dispensing like candy cause murder-suicidal tendencies in folks.
These guilty parties have a LOT of BLOOD on their hands.
smh



**scroll to the bottom and get Recognizd! Sign my "Slide Guestbook!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)