Being an American used to fill ur head with pride,
Now it's filling people's heads with lead.
The Switchboard of Miami has recorded more than 500 foreclosure-related calls this year.
As more and more people continue to lose their homes, or suffer financial devastation-Americans are doing what they deem to be honorable:
killing themselves and family.
- Pamela Ross shot herself as sheriffs came to evict her and husband from her home.
- Karthik Rajaram, shot and killed his family-then himself, because it was more honorable to kill his family then to leave them with his debt.
- Addie Polk, 90, shot herself and is recovering as she was being evicted.
- Roland Gore shot his wife, their dog, set their home afire (which was in foreclosure) and then killed himself.
- Carlene Balderama delayed her and hubby's foreclosure for 3.5 yrs. she hid foreclosure docs from her husband. She shredded docs, attempted to get refinanced and was unsuccessful. She then sent a letter to their mortgage co. saying by the time they get her letter, she'll be dead. Balderama killed herslf with her husband's rife-leaving the insurance policy on the table.
How long must the American dream..be an American nightmare?
check out Bria's Own Words
And on that note...