Friday, October 12, 2007

File This Under: I'm Laughing, So I don't Cry!

His Probation Revoked, Jena Six's Bell back in Jail


credits: AP/blackamericaweb.com (emphasis by Ivent)

JENA, La. - (AP) A teenager at the center of the controversial Jena Six case is back in jail after a judge revoked his probation because of an old drug charge that had never been tried, his father said Thursday.

Mychal Bell, who along with five other black teenagers had been accused of beating a white classmate, had gone to juvenile court expecting another routine hearing, Marcus Jones said.
"He's locked up again," Jones said. "No bail has been set or nothing. He's a young man who's been thrown in jail again and again, and he just has to take it."
Bell was originally charged with attempted murder, but the charges were reduced and he was convicted of battery. A court threw that conviction out, saying Bell should not have been tried as an adult on that charge.

More than 20,000 (how about 70,000+ ?!) demonstrators gathered recently in Jena to protest what they perceive as differences in how black and white suspects are treated. The case has drawn the attention of civil rights activists including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

********



Is that HIS FAULT-the court did't try him??



Ok, I must remember who I am, and WHOSE I AM.



Before I am black, before I am an African-American,



I am a Christian.



I must be mindful of that fact otherwise, that stinking-thinking part of me is going to rise up and say something I will mean, towards the authorities in Jena,LA



but will also have the potential to spill over into the lives of the non-minority people I love.



So, out of respect for my "dark-melanin-challenged" friends and co-workers, I shall utilize some shut mouth grace.



I cannot believe this is happening in 2007. We are still second class citizens.



We're red-lined.



Price gouged.



Pay higher insurance.



Higher utilities--



citizens of Detroit, can testify to paying exorbitant rates.



DTE (electric utility co.) has been known to charge 2-3x's HIGHER, than



that of suburban communities for monthly service.



They bill your gas/electric together, so if you don't pay one-BOTH are cut off.



When I lived in Detroit--in the winter I HAD A BILL THAT WAS $600 for ONE MONTH.



I vowed to move that year and I did.



"...one nation under God, with liberty (Mychal B, do you have liberty?), and justice (Mychal will you say you've been treated fairly?)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)