Tuesday, October 16, 2007

*UPDATE*: When Will Black Celebrites Learn:::T.I. Remains in Jail...

T.I. remains jailed on weapons charges
credits: Yahoo! News



ATLANTA - T.I. was ordered Monday to remain in custody on federal weapons charges until a bail hearing later this week. The chart-topping rapper was arrested Saturday, hours before his scheduled performance at the BET Hip Hop Awards. Federal authorities say he tried to buy three machine guns and two silencers from a man cooperating with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives.

T.I., born Clifford Harris, appeared briefly in federal court Monday. Wearing a black shirt and black jeans, he entered the courtroom expressionless and scanned the crowd filled with family, supporters and media.
The government wants to keep the 27-year-old rapper in custody as the case proceeds, but his attorneys planned to argue for his release on bond at a hearing scheduled for Friday.

A federal firearms dealer contacted the ATF this month about a man seeking to buy a machine gun without registering the weapon, according to a criminal complaint filed Saturday in U.S. District Court in Atlanta.

After attempting to purchase several machine guns from an undercover ATF agent, the unnamed individual — who said he had been a bodyguard for T.I. since July 2007 — was arrested. He began cooperating with the government and said that he was buying the machine guns and silencers for Harris, a convicted felon, the complaint said.
T.I. ended up winning two awards at Saturday's show.
*****
Again, these are some serious charges. I know you're supposed to say he "allegedly" bought guns, but they're keeping him locked up as if he did buy the guns for sure. No "alleged" anything.
Since it is alleged thought, T.I. circumstances has reminded me of a question i've asked concerning YB(young black) entertainers.
Why isn't your sucess enough to keep you out of trouble?
Basketball, football players, rappers, etc
you'd think being famous-one would be satisfied.
But it seems that celebrity status allows you to "buy trouble" in bulk, instead of putting trouble on layaway.
I just don't get it.
Ivent


___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)