Saturday, May 10, 2008

Jesus Christ & Kathy Griffin...

My blog sibling Kingskid
sent me an email re: comedian Kathy Griffin and her emmy award winning speech.
Seeing as how I rarely watch TV...I viewed a snippet of a youtube clip K.K. sent me, but it only played 1:30 out of approx 8min.
So...searched youtube for the speech, and came upon Larry King's interview w/Kathy Griffin and this is the unedited speech:



Griffin's attention whoring antics are nothing new.
She says things for shock value so that we'll talk about her.
I understood her explanation on Larry King, but she still used poor judgment.
However, she got what she was seeking...interviews, write-ups, blog posts...etc.
Then when she's feeling worthless again, she'll have to pull a PR stunt that will overshadow this speech. what a vicious cycle.
I understand it was a parody of those who get crunk, drunk, calling people hoes, b*tches and then have the nerve to thank God for winning an award.
God awards misogyny?
However, if it was truly a parody of such people..why didn't she come on the stage w/an entourage, sagging pants, video hoes etc?

The image “http://tv.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/kathy_griffin.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Mark 8th chapter starting at 36 says:
36 “For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? 37 “For what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”


I don't agree with all religious beliefs, but I will not mock or condemn it either. Griffin is Jewish and I'm sure although she may make a joke out of it, i know she wouldn't appreciate people degrading her cultures/beliefs.



Come See What's Poppin'at Bria's Own Words, my OTHER blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)