Saturday, May 17, 2008

Technorati...and Ur Authority

Ok...for all of u 'technorati heads' if you've experienced a drop in your authority..like I have-u may have wondered, why?

http://compassioninpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/technorati34909521_eb66c18b16.jpg
I know I asked.
So after a little research, this is what I learned:

'

No you’re not being penalized by Technorati and no the blogs that once linked to you are not being deleted….

The answer to this problem is that the incoming links to your blog are simply getting old.

Technorati calculates how many links are pointing at your blog from other blogs (your blog’s ‘authority’) based upon the last 6 months activity. This means that a blog that links to you today will be counted - but in 180 days it will not be counted any more.

This is how Technorati attempts to keep things fresh and not disadvantage new blogs entering he blogosphere. If they didn’t do it, old blogs would have an unfair advantage in terms of overall rankings. It means that all blogs need to keep active in order to maintain their ‘authority’.'

Ok...got it?
Good.


Come See What's Poppin'at Bria's Own Words, my OTHER blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)