Thursday, October 04, 2007

File this Under: The Watchdog List


BIBLE STUDY AND FELLOWSHIP ONLINE: New website for Christians who have 'dropped out of church.'
(October 3, 2007)
(story source: eurweb.com; image: waterand spirit.org)

Water & Spirit Ministries recently launched http://www.waterandspirit.org/ to offer Bible study and fellowship services to Christians who have dropped out of church, but desire a relationship with God.
The site features Bible-study resources, a prayer room,

a media center, and discussion room to create community and facilitate exploration.
"We are committed to serving the growing number of Christian believers who feel alienated from organized religion," said ministry founder, Robert Overton. "We offer a religion-free learning environment to aid the spiritual growth of our users."
National religious trends show an increase in adult Bible reading since 1995, but this is accompanied by an increase in the number of Americans who have abandoned their affiliation with organized religion. Given current trends, most adult Americans will abandon organized religion within a few years.
Water & Spirit does not view this as entirely negative. Robert added, "Although we are challenged to develop new approaches to fellowship and communal relationship, the growing rejection of religion may signify a welcomed desire for personal spiritual growth."
Religion is defined as the human effort to mediate God's spiritual truth to man. Water & Spirit Ministries holds that spiritual truth is known only by revelation, not mediation; and the revelation of the understanding of this truth is by the Spirit. An effective ministry is one that supports the spiritual growth of those whom it serves.
"We're here to facilitate and support the explorations of God's word and the testimony of Christ," explained Robert. "An open environment, free of doctrinal requirements, that allows one to study the Bible, exchange thoughts and interpretations, and freely contemplate and meditate promotes the spiritual development that learns to rely on revelations from the Spirit, rather than opinions of man."
There are no teachers at waterandspirit.org, just fellow students of the word. Visit http://www.waterandspirit.org/.
******************
Well-I'm not sure about this site, seeing as it's new and all. I am curious, however. I am one of those Christians who has "dropped out of church." I love Christ with all of my heart, but I do not trust "prophets, apostles etc" I've seen them lie too many times. I've been abused, seen others abused in the church.

People are very quick to say "the bible says we shouldn't forsake the assembly of our brethren." Sure does say that. However, church IS NOT THE ONLY PLACE ONE CAN GATHER WITH BRETHREN. Also...it doesn't necessitate a building full of people to constitute gathering with brethren. My children are saved, sanctified. My coworkers are christian. My friends and associates are Christian, my classmate at school is Christian. I couldn't forsake gathering with brethren if I wanted to! Be that as it may, I'm done (you can stick a fork in me to verify), with church drama, i'm done with sermons always focusing on money. We can talk about Jesus dying on the cross, but please believe the conversation will SNAKE ITS WAY to the topic of money. I do not have to give $50 for a blessing.

A brother (during conference no less) said sow a seed of $100 and watch your life be forever changed. It sure will, I'll be -$100. How about I bless those who are less fortunate instead of giving to those who are in abundance?? Isn't that what God tells us to do in the Bible?? :

Luke 3:11. And [John the Baptist] would answer and say to them, "Let the man with two tunics share with him who has none, and let him who has food do likewise (hmm, I didn't notice John saying anything about leadership lying and manipulating to get money from the brethren...I wonder why??)."
Mt. 5:42. Give to him who asks of you (can you imagine pulpit-pimps distorting that?) and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you."

I do not hate church (edifice) just the crap that comes with it. Pride, arrogance, materialism..you know...the kind of stuff you see today. I'll take a look at http://www.waterandspirit.org/ and let everyone know. Where are we supposed to go when the hospital (church) is the one misdiagnosing you, ignoring you, breaking your spirit, lying, manipulating etc? another church? and what do I do if I experience the same thing at the next church?
You betta recognize--you BETTER be "wise as serpents, and gentle as doves" (Matt. 10:16_
Ivent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)