Saturday, October 27, 2007

This Should Be Interesting...

**Not too long ago, I asked "Why is McClurkin rolling with Obama?" click here I posed that question, because although Obama spouted he was a Christian, his words spoke contrary. Now it's being reported, A GAY MINISTER will join Obama's Gospel Tour!!!

From the giddy-up, I did not jump on the Obama train. Why should i? Cuz he's black???? NOT. When he made his debut appearance on Oprah, a while ago, I was left scratching my head in wonderment. I could not understand what the big deal was?! He was unsure of himself at times, he wasn't prolific, and I sat there waiting for something profound to come out of his mouth, only to be disappointed-or proved right. I don't get it, how people are so busy trying NOT to offend people by giving in, that it ends up being an insult to my sanity, & rationale. For clarification purposes I want to emphasize when I say "offend people", I mean when it comes between alienating people, or alienating God (and YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN) hands down, favoring God should be the obvious choice. I STILL SAY NO to the Obama train, and out of curiosity I want to know:


Will McClurkin still go on tour???? Again, this should be interesting.


Gay Minister Joins Obama Gospel Tour in S.C.
source


WASHINGTON - (AP) In response to an uproar from gay activists, Democrat Barack Obama's presidential campaign on Wednesday added a gay minister to the lineup for its weekend gospel tour.

Gay activists had criticized Obama's "Embrace the Change" tour in South Carolina because the performers included gospel singer Donnie McClurkin, who says homosexuality is a choice.

Obama's campaign invited Rev. Andy Sidden (pic, above r), a South Carolina pastor who is openly gay, to appear on Sunday in Columbia. Obama discussed Sidden's inclusion Thursday with Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, which supports gay rights.

In a statement, Solmonese said he thanked Obama for including Sidden but told the Illinois senator he was disappointed McClurkin will remain part of the program.

"There is no gospel in Donnie McClurkin's message for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people and their allies," Solmonese said. "That's a message that certainly doesn't belong on any presidential candidate's stage."

McClurkin is a Grammy Award winner who performed at the Republican National Convention in 2004. He told AP Radio in an interview that September that he was "once involved with those desires and those thoughts," but God turned him away from them.

Obama has spoken out against homophobia, including in the black community. He supports civil unions for same-sex couples but not the right for gay marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)