Sunday, December 16, 2007

You Are An Inspiration: MZ DEIDRA!

Mz. Deidra of 'Black And Missing'
A Voice In The Wilderness...
SmileyCentral.com

While working on the post for Karyn McConnell Hancock, I researched via Google, the subject of missing black women and little or no media coverage.

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a blog that is dedicated to missing/found/or recovered black people who's garnered little or no media attention.
SmileyCentral.com


Check out Mz.
Deidra's blog and add it to your blogroll:
Black and Missing but Not Forgotten

The dedication that's necessary to continually update a blog of this type is nothing short of divine.

Deidra refers to herself as "Just a concerned black female :)"
I beg to differ.
Deidra has chosen to become a warrior in the fight against disparate treatment of minorities in the media-and has wielded her blog as her weapon.

And for that I say
SmileyCentral.com

Not only is keeping up this type of blog an arduous one, but it can be frustrating, as well as rewarding. Check out an interview with Deidra: Deidra Speaks. I too remember the case of Stepha Henry and the planned interview surrounding her disappearance. I also remember MSNBC decided Paris Hilton going to jail took precedent over a black woman who was missing. Ratings wouldn't be high enough.
I was heated!
SmileyCentral.com

Deidra, I just wanted to throw some love your way...I can't imagine how much comfort you've brought to the missing people's families and loved ones-knowing they indeed are not alone.
God bless you!
-IVBB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)