Friday, October 10, 2008

Life Can Be Lighter...With health Insurance...

I have been on both sides of the health insurance crew.

I've gone many years w/out it.

And for the past 7.5 yrs, I've had it consistently.

In April '09, my union and employer will re-negotiate our contract.  Most likely we'll be paying for our insurance.  At least part of it.

That's not sitting well with me.  I work hard at my job.  If you work, or have worked in customer service-you already know you don't get paid enough.

I know I don't.  I don't get paid enough to deal with my manager-the customers are cool as hell.

But I digress.

Insurance.

Now, although I'm a staunch Republican-I will most likely vote for Obama.

I can't get with McCain trying to play us as if we're stupid as hell regarding that hot mess of a credit for $5,000 for insurance that goes straight to the insurance co...but he wants to charge us tax on something we've never touched.

I'd like to see him pull that rabbit out of a hat.

I'm wondering if in the end, it'll just be economically feasible for us as Americans to:

 A) Move to a foreign land and get insurance-free

or 

B) Shop around for insurance....and pray we don't get fleeced on health insurance

On the radio-all day at work, they're advertising health insurance, dental insurance-insurance that you pay for on a monthly basis and it seems to be just as good as what an employer would offer. I guess.

Since I spoke briefly about North Cackalacky in my previous post-I'll use them as an example.  I wonder what the North Carolina health insurance  world is like?  Are there many people out there in N.C. without insurance-those who are forced to go to the Emergency Rm (like my friend's daughter did..got a pap smear in ER) just to get a routine check up??

Obama's heart seems to be in the right place.

McCain's wallet seem to be in the right place.

I hope Obama can truly practice what he preach.

Having health insurance should be right, not a privilege.

We shall certainly see, what happens.

sigh

check out Bria's Own Words


And on that note...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)