Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Thank You...

To Those Who Prayed For Me,
To Those Who Have Called Me
(I'll be returning your call-school project is due!)
THANK YOU!!

To those whose names weren't listed but PRAYED FOR ME ANYWAY...all I can say is WOW-I am truly humbled and honored by your sacrifices. I was rendered speechless upon reading the comments from those who weren't listed. I'm still teary-eyed at God's goodness and for using u to pray for me! smh

I have heard from the Lord and the way I asked the prayer to be answered it was.

The image “http://www.exoduspodcasts.com/Audio/CDImages/Thumbnails/heaven.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

source

I have been blessed to have an awesome man of God in my life!
First I must say that God is good!
My needs (from man of God) that will allow me to prosper in a relationship- freedom to express myself-no matter how unorthodox, or quirky; a listening ear, patience, embracing of my past, secure in himself -have been met.
And note to Dejanae**
HE DOES BALLROOM DANCE!
That's where we initially met and connected! lol

Upon listening to the hurts I've endured in the church, Jay (his name), promptly prayed for me. He did not judge me-nor did he tell me that I shouldn't forsake the assembly of the brethren (I already know that). He told me my feelings were valid, explained that these issues in the church are historical-and then he PRAYED.
He's intelligent-he has several economic theories that he's created.
And he can BALLROOM DANCE! LOL

Upon our initial serious conversation I told him I love classical music, and I would love to go to a concert and listen to Tchaikovsky.

Well, I checked my email yesterday and he forwarded to me a confirmation of two tickets to hear violinist Hilary Hahn play with Detroit Symphony Orchestra...as they play TCHAIKOVSKY!
http://english.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages/original/images557775_Hennessy-HilaryHahn.jpg.jpg
The image “http://musiccelebrations.blogsome.com/images/orch_hall_inside1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
source
And the concert is the day before my birthday!
I also received the most beautiful love letter from him.
*sighhhhhhhh*

Why did I ask for prayer??

  • I asked for prayer because I could not trust hearing from God correctly, myself. And James 1:5 says "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

  • I was paralyzed by fear in the area of commitment.
  • I had an aversion to the thought of marriage.
  • I needed confirmation.
  • Did not want to waste his or my time.
  • Before I gave Jay an answer (yay or nay), it had to be the answer God gave me, not one given to myself from myself.
  • I did what Psalms 1:1 advised:
1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.
4 The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish.

Because I don't play with the things of God, it was important that I seek those who communicate with God to pray on my behalf, in addition I sought the counsel of mature Christians (mature Christians who live by the word of God EVERYDAY).
It has been confirmed, Jay, was sent from God to me.

While I am scared...I no longer walk in fear.
I've never trusted a man
(due to the attached strings and bullcrap that would land me in jail/prison)...but I trust Jay.
I trusted God to an extent with my life, and He is using Jay to show me how to put ALL of my trust in Him-for my steps are ordered by Him.

I'll elaborate later, but I just wanted to thank you all for taking time out of your biz lives to look out for a sista! U have NO IDEA how I felt knowing people, whom faces I've never seen b4-pics do no justice, were praying for me. I'm truly amazed at the goodness of God.

And I promise to hold up the words I spoke at Black Male Appreciation in regards to My Black Man.

Ok y'all I'm tired.
After school, it be BAU (biz as usual) and the blogging will return.
THANK YOU!!
***
My thoughts and prayers are with the Levert Family, as they mourn the death of their 2nd son Sean, less than one year after the passing of their older son, r&b singer Gerald.









Come See What's Poppin'at Bria's Own Words, my OTHER blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know...threats of hell and bible scriptures are futile-look at your church if you don't believe me! Get your 'body of christ' in order and then come talk to me.

Yours in Reason, Bria :)